Friday 1 April 2016

Planning to travel to Europe? How to Apply for Schengen Visa

It was in 2007 when my parents had to apply for my student Schengen visa. It wasn’t easy back then, especially with my case since I was underage and my parents had to give my sister the rights to be my guardian while I live with her in Finland, there was too much fuss and tons of paperwork. Of course, I didn’t process my own papers because I was not yet eighteen, therefore my parent’s had to endure all the processing themselves while I tagged along. That was eight years ago.

Nowadays I have to do the entire visa processing all by myself without anyone’s help and although year by year visa application becomes more expensive, yet easy (thanks internet), there is one thing I realize has not changed: the process of application itself. Throughout my eight years of stay in Finland, I had to go through the same visa application process every year for four years until I finished my studies.

After that, I had to apply for a four-year working resident visa. It doesn’t matter in which country you try to apply for your Schengen visa (may it be student, tourist or working visa) and/or to what country, the requirements are very standard (we’ll go through them as you read along). But as always, every embassy requires some specifics.

That is why it is always better to call and ask for other special requirements needed just in case it is not clearly specified in their list online.

Although I acquired my Schengen visa because of work and studies, that does not mean it is so much different than applying for a tourist visa. Tourist Schengen Visa however a much simpler process than work and studies is since it is only meant for short visits (90 days).

Be aware nonetheless because even though I say it’s simpler doesn’t mean you have to treat your application lightly. One wrong move will lead to your application getting denied and although reapplication is possible, it is still better to be careful and triple check your requirements before handing it to the embassy or consulate for processing.

Like any visa application, it also costs a lot, so please take care that you fill in every detail correctly.
[Source: http://twomonkeystravelgroup.com/2015/04/how-to-apply-for-schengen-visa/]


No comments:

Post a Comment